COMMUNITY COLLEGE PROJECT DEVELOPMENT GRANTS
2023–2024 application period has closed
Our Community College Project Development Grants are intended to encourage faculty and students to engage in research projects, engineering design projects and challenges, or STEM outreach and informal education-related projects at the community colleges across the state. Women, faculty from underrepresented groups, and early career faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
Proposals for these grants may be submitted by Wyoming community college faculty members.
- Grant requests can be made up to a maximum of $10,000
- The award can be used for summer salary, supplies, domestic travel, student wages, or other project-related expenses
- The award may not be used for page charges, international travel, tuition for special institutes, or off-campus programs
- Projects may begin in June and must be completed by the end of the following May (unless other arrangements are made in advance)
- Any amount of money that remains unspent by the end of May of the following year will be relinquished!
Completed applications must be submitted through the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM prior to the deadline. You should receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application within two business days. If you do not receive this confirmation please contact our office.
There are two parts required for a complete application:
- Online Application Form
- Proposal Document (Instructions) – Must be uploaded with the online application form. Please write for a general audience!
AWARD SELECTION CRITERIA
- View the Reviewer Grade Sheet
- Potential for the recipient to develop a successful project, one that is sustainable beyond the award period of the grant, is desired
- Proposals that cannot be fully funded from other sources will be given priority
- Proposals must be well written and include the following elements:
- Strong justification
- Clear set of goals
- An evaluation mechanism which determines successful completion of the goals set
- Detailed timeline for achieving the goals outlined
- Realistic budget for the project
- Goals in line with NASA National Space Grant, and the strategic missions of one or more of NASA’s Mission Directorates:
- Recipients are expected to keep the Wyoming NASA Space Grant Consortium (WSGC) informed of their progress
- Recipients will be expected to notify WSGC of any publications or presentations resulting from WSGC funding, even if they are made many years after the grant period
- If additional proposals are submitted to other funding agencies resulting from WSGC funding, you are expected to notify the WSGC office of these proposals (either successful or not successful)
- A short final report survey will be sent to you towards the end of your funding period. This information is required for reporting purposes and must be submitted in a timely manner following the completion of the grant.
Phone: (307) 766-2862 or (307) 766-2987