Updated Due Date: Wednesday, April 1st.
- Community College Project Development Grant proposals may be submitted by Wyoming Community College faculty members.
Community College Project Development Grants are intended to encourage faculty and students to engage in research projects, engineering design projects and challenges, or STEM outreach and informal education-related projects at the community colleges across the State. Women, faculty from underrepresented groups, and early career faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
- Awards can be used for summer salary, supplies, domestic travel, student wages or other project related expenses.
- Grant requests can be made up to a maximum of $10,000
- The award may not be used for page charges, international travel, tuition for special institutes or off-campus programs.
- Projects may begin in June and must must be completed by the end of May of the following year (unless other arrangements are made in advance). Any amount of money that remains unspent by the end of May of the following year will be relinquished.
Completed applications must be submitted to email@example.com by the deadline. The application should include:
- Completed Community College Project Development Grant Application – MS Word
- Proposal Document- Instructions – **please write for a general audience
You should receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application within two business days, if you do not receive this confirmation please contact our office.
AWARD SELECTION CRITERIA
- View the Reviewer Grade Sheet
- The probability that the recipient will develop a successful project that is sustainable beyond the award period of the grant.
- Proposals that cannot be fully funded from other sources will be given priority.
- Proposals must be well written and include the following elements:
- strong justification
- a clear set of goals
- an evaluation mechanism which determines successful completion of the goals set
- a detailed time-line for achieving the goals outlined
- a realistic budget for the project
- Goals in line with NASA National Space Grant, and the strategic missions of one or more of NASA‘s Mission Directorates:
- NASA Science
- Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate
- Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate
- Science Mission Directorate
- Space Technology Mission Directorate
- NASA Strategic Plan 2018
- NASA STEM Engagement
- Click HERE to view NASA’s Research Priorities for NASA Mission Directorates and Centers
- Recipients are expected to keep WSGC informed of their progress.
- Recipients will be expected to notify WSGC of any publications or presentations resulting from WSGC funding (even if they are made many years after the grant period.)
- If additional proposals are submitted to other funding agencies resulting from WSGC funding, you are expected to notify the WSGC office of these proposals (either successful or not successful).
- A short final report survey will be sent to you towards the end of your funding period. This information is required for reporting purposes and must be submitted in a timely manner following the completion of the grant.