K-12 Balloon Launch Request Form
FALL 2023: PENDING
SPRING 2024: PENDING
This year, we have a limited number of spots available due to our participation in solar eclipse-related ballooning activities in October and April. Most of these spots were claimed before we even had a chance to open the request form to the public.
As a result, this request form will likely remained closed until Summer 2024. If any spots open up in the coming weeks, we will reopen the request form. We apologize for any inconvenience!
If you have questions or would like to be added to our wait list, please email us (email@example.com).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION — PLEASE READ FIRST
- This request form is for K-12 balloon launches only! If you would like to request a launch for a non-K-12 group/project, including college groups and individual WY State Science Fair projects, please email us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Before submitting a request, please make sure you are familiar with our Balloon Launch 101 and Ballooning FAQ pages. Any questions or concerns you may have about doing a balloon launch may already be addressed there.
- Eligible K-12 organizations include schools (public/private/homeschool), afterschool programs, science camps, teacher workshops, and others of similar nature. Although we take requests on a first come first serve basis, priority will be given to new groups that have not yet hosted a launch.
- We can launch any weekday except Monday.
- We try to do no more than 3–4 launches per semester (about one per month), so depending on our availability we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request. All launches must take place in Wyoming.
- Launch participants are expected to develop their own payloads that will fly with the balloon. This could be fairly simply (e.g., fill a payload box with items and materials of the students’ choosing) or more in-depth (e.g., a scientific experiment or electronic sensor package). We can provide empty payload boxes. Weeks before the launch, we will communicate with the person who submits the request to discuss these payloads in more detail.
Our balloon launch request form is currently CLOSED