COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIPS
The 2024–2025 applications will open in early 2024
Our Community College Transfer Scholarships provide funds of up to $2,000 to be applied to school expenses for the academic year for students transferring from one of the Wyoming community colleges to the University of Wyoming (UW) to pursue a Bachelor’s degree. Women and minority students are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Students must be transferring to UW from a Wyoming community college
- Students must be accepted for admission at UW and plan to be registered for UW classes in the Fall (preferably full-time, but at least half-time enrollment is required)
- Students must declare a UW major in a science, mathematics, or engineering field (Note: Because we are funded by NASA, some preference may be given to students with majors and interests in areas of significant interest to NASA)
- A cumulative pre-transfer GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- Students must be a U.S. citizens
Awards consist of $2,000 to be applied toward academic expenses at the University of Wyoming (tuition, books, supplies, and living expenses) for the academic year.
Completed applications must be submitted through the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM prior to the deadline.
There are four parts required for a complete application:
- Online Application Form
- Written Essay (maximum 6 pages) – Must be uploaded with the online application form. Please address the following:
- What are your educational and career goals?
- How do your educational and career goals relate to NASA?
- How would receiving this scholarship impact your educational and career goals?
- Have you received any significant honors, participated in extracurricular activities, or have work experience that highlights your interests and achievements thus far?
- List any courses you are currently enrolled in if they do not appear on your transcripts.
- Community College Transcripts – Must be uploaded with the online application form.
- Letter of Recommendation – Must be submitted by teacher or counselor directly to the Wyoming Space Grant office, either by e-mail (email@example.com) or via this online form.
AWARD SELECTION CRITERIA
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of UW and community college faculty (view the Reviewer Grade Sheet). We hope to make announcements of awards by e-mail before the end of May.
Recipients will be selected based on their academic record, personal essays, letter of recommendations, and long-term goals. Students from groups underrepresented in the sciences (including women) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Phone: (307) 766-2862 or (307) 766-2987