Community College Transfer Scholarships
The Wyoming NASA Space Grant Consortium Community College Transfer Scholarship Program provides scholarship funds of up to $4,000 to be applied to school expenses for the academic year for students transferring from one of the Wyoming community colleges to the University of Wyoming to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree. Women and minority students are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Transferring to UW from a Wyoming community college
- Accepted for admission at UW and will be registered for UW classes in Fall (preferably full-time, but at least half-time enrollment is required)
- Declared UW major in a science, mathematics, or engineering field. Please note, because we are funded by NASA, some preference may be given to students with majors and interests in areas of significant interest to NASA.
- List of preferred majors: Majors
- Minimum cumulative pre-transfer GPA of 3.0
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Awards consist of $4,000 to be applied toward academic expenses at the University of Wyoming (tuition, books, supplies, and living expenses) for the academic year.
To be considered we need to receive all of the following application materials by the application deadline:
- Undergraduate Application Form – MS Word
- Written Statement
- essay describing your educational and career goals
- list of any significant honors, extracurricular activities, and/or work experience
statement describing the impact receiving this scholarship will have on your educational and career goals
- list of courses currently enrolled in if they do not appear on your transcripts
- Community College Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation – Submitted by teacher or counselor (Description of scholarship that can be given to the letter writer: Description Letter)
Materials can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail (contact information below). Applications will be reviewed by a panel of UW and community college faculty (view the Reviewer Grade Sheet). We hope to make announcements of awards by e-mail before the end of June.
Recipients will be selected based on their academic record, personal essays, recommendations, and long-term goals. Students from groups underrepresented in the sciences (including women) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Phone: 307-766-2862 or 307-766-2987
Wyoming NASA Space Grant Consortium
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071