COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications will reopen in Spring 2023!
The Wyoming NASA Space Grant Consortium Community College Transfer Scholarship Program provides scholarship funds of up to $3,000 to be applied to school expenses for the academic year for students transferring from one of the Wyoming community colleges to the University of Wyoming to pursue a Bachelor degree. Women and minority students are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Transferring to UW from a Wyoming community college
- Accepted for admission at UW and will be registered for UW classes in Fall (preferably full-time, but at least half-time enrollment is required)
- Declared UW major in a science, mathematics, or engineering field. Please note, because we are funded by NASA, some preference may be given to students with majors and interests in areas of significant interest to NASA.
- List of preferred majors: Majors
- Cumulative pre-transfer GPA of 3.0 preferred
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Awards consist of $3,000 to be applied toward academic expenses at the University of Wyoming (tuition, books, supplies, and living expenses) for the academic year.
To be considered, fill out an online application online here: CCSTEM Transfer Application.
*As part of the online application, you will need to upload: 1) official transcripts and 2) a written statement (see details below), 3) your community college transcripts, and 4) a letter of recommendation submitted directly to the Wyoming Space Grant. All of the following application materials must be received by the application deadline:
- Online Application Form – found here
- Written Essay, please submit an essay that addresses the following questions (maximum 6 pages) – uploaded to the online application form
1. What are your educational and career goals?
2. How do your educational and career goals relate to NASA?
3. How would receiving this scholarship impact your educational and career goals?
4. Have you received any significant honors, participated in extracurricular activities, or have work experience that highlights your interests and achievements thus far?
5. List any courses you are currently enrolled in if they do not appear on your transcripts.
- Community College Transcripts – uploaded to the online application form
- Letter of Recommendation – Submitted by teacher or counselor directly to the Space Grant office via email (email@example.com) or the form here.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of UW and community college faculty (view the Reviewer Grade Sheet). We hope to make announcements of awards by e-mail before the end of May.
Recipients will be selected based on their academic record, personal essays, recommendations, and long-term goals. Students from groups underrepresented in the sciences (including women) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Phone: 307-766-2862 or 307-766-2987
Wyoming NASA Space Grant Consortium
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071