FACULTY EDUCATION ENHANCEMENT GRANTS
Applications will reopen in Spring 2023!
Our Faculty Education Enhancement Grants are intended to assist faculty with the development of new college-level courses or curriculum, or with revamping currently existing courses/curriculum to reflect the latest research and education findings. Women, faculty from underrepresented groups, and early career faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
- Proposals may be submitted by faculty members at the University of Wyoming or Wyoming community colleges
- Proposals for new course development must be in agreement with Wyoming NASA Space Grant Consortium (WSGC) programmatic objectives (courses with an interdisciplinary nature are strongly encouraged)
- Faculty must hold the rank of assistant professor, associate professor, professor, research associate, full-time faculty/instructor at a community college, or equivalent (sorry, adjunct faculty members and post docs are not eligible)
- Grant requests can be made up to a maximum of $10,000
- Funding may be used for:
- Faculty summer salary, including benefits
- Materials and supplies
- Travel within the United States
- Salary support for students, post-docs, or research scientists
- The award may NOT be used for page charges, international travel, tuition for special institutes or off-campus programs
- Projects may begin in June and must must be completed by the end of the following May (unless other arrangements are made in advance). Any amount of money that remains unspent by the end of May of the following year will be relinquished!
- Cost share is required in an amount equal to the award and is preferred in the form of University or Community College faculty time spent on the project
Completed applications must be submitted through the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM prior to the deadline. You should receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application within two business days. If you do not receive this confirmation please contact our office.
There are two parts required for a complete application:
- Online Application Form
- Proposal Document (Instructions) – Must be uploaded with the online application form. Please write for a general audience!
Examples of past proposals that were funded: Example 1, Example 2, Example 3
(Note: Previous proposals were allowed 5 pages for the body of the proposal, the current requirement is a maximum of 3 pages. Cost share is also now required. All other requirements are the same.)
AWARD SELECTION CRITERIA
- View the Reviewer Grade Sheet
- Proposals for courses with an interdisciplinary component will be given priority
- Consideration will be given to the likelihood that the recipient develops the course into a regular offering
- Proposals that include non-federal matching funds will be given priority
- Proposals that cannot be fully funded from other sources will be given priority
- Proposals must be well written and include the following elements:
- Strong justification
- Clear set of goals
- An evaluation mechanism which determines successful completion of the goals set
- Detailed timeline for achieving the goals outlined
- Realistic budget for the project
- Goals in line with NASA National Space Grant, and the strategic missions of one or more of NASA’s Mission Directorates:
- NASA Science
- NASA Strategic Plan 2022
- Science Mission Directorate
- Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate
- Exploration Systems Development Mission Directorate
- Space Operations Mission Directorate
- Space Technology Mission Directorate
- NASA’s Research Priorities for NASA Mission Directorates and Centers
- NASA STEM Engagement
- Recipients are expected to keep WSGC informed of their progress
- Proposals for course/curriculum projects are expected to result in a new course offering or new curricular material
- Recipients will be expected to notify WSGC of any publications or presentations resulting from WSGC funding, even if they are made many years after the grant period
- If additional proposals are submitted to other funding agencies resulting from WSGC funding, you are expected to notify the WSGC office of these proposals (either successful or not successful)
- A short final report survey will be sent to you towards the end of your funding period regarding the success of course/curriculum development and the implementation of the course/curriculum. This information is required fore reporting purposes and must be submitted in a timely manner following the completion of the grant.
Phone: (307) 766-2862 or (307) 766-2987