K-12 Balloon Launch Request Form
FALL 2023: FULL (PENDING)
SPRING 2024: 1 SPOT AVAILABLE
We still have availability for a launch within one of the following date windows:
April 23 – May 10
The following dates are tentatively reserved (please do not choose):
November 14 – December 15
IMPORTANT INFORMATION — PLEASE READ FIRST
- This request form is for K-12 balloon launches only! If you would like to request a launch for a non-K-12 group/project, including college groups and individual WY State Science Fair projects, please email us directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Before submitting a request, please make sure you are familiar with our Balloon Launch 101 and Ballooning FAQ pages. Any questions or concerns you may have about doing a balloon launch may already be addressed there.
- Eligible K-12 organizations include schools (public/private/homeschool), afterschool programs, science camps, teacher workshops, and others of similar nature. Although we take requests on a first come first serve basis, priority will be given to new groups that have not yet hosted a launch.
- We can launch any weekday except Monday.
- We try to do no more than 3–4 launches per semester (about one per month), so depending on our availability we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request. All launches must take place in Wyoming.
- Launch participants are expected to develop their own payloads that will fly with the balloon. This could be fairly simply (e.g., fill a payload box with items and materials of the students’ choosing) or more in-depth (e.g., a scientific experiment or electronic sensor package). We can provide empty payload boxes. Weeks before the launch, we will communicate with the person who submits the request to discuss these payloads in more detail.